When you’ve worked hard to get where you are, you want to make sure that you and your family can enjoy the benefits. But if the unforeseen happens, how do you ensure your family can continue to live the way you would want them to?
Common questions to consider
Some questions you may wish to consider include:
- What is estate planning?
- Is estate planning just about making a Will?
- What is a Will?
- Why do I need to make a Will?
- What are the advantages of having a Will?
- What is a Power of Attorney?
- Is it true that a person’s debt dies with them?
- How do I make a Will?
- What should I consider when I make a Will?
- How often should I update my Will?
- If I don’t have a Will, doesn’t everything just go to my partner?
- What happens to my super when I die? Is it not just dealt with under my Will?
- As I have my own business with business partners, what happens to my part of the business if I die?
- Is there anything I can do to protect my estate?
How we can help
As part of a good, comprehensive financial plan, we generally recommend that you establish a Will to express your wishes for what happens to your assets after you die.
If you have a Will we will usually recommend you review it regularly to keep it up-to-date with your circumstances. We can’t advise you on inheritance laws or write the Will for you. However, we can advise the social security benefits that could benefit your family after you die.
What to do next
If you want us to help you review your financial situation contact us today.